Caught in the act!
Too cute!
Me and my boy at the beach!
Cheers to my boy with a glass of 1999 Shiraz...I've developed a new love for South African wine.It's been raining here the last couple of days, so having taken these days off to relax around the house was a good call. It has allowed for even more bonding time with Desi and we're all adjusting fine. Desi is doing really well and has a very great sense of humour. He loves to copy Maddie and laughs when she plays with him. He has a very good set of lungs too, as he lets out a great shriek when something either excites him or if he wants something (usually food) that is no longer there...my boy likes to eat!!! It is great to see him coming out of his shell and showing us just what he is able to do...he likes to feed himself and has the spoon thing down already...he can definitely hold his own bottle and has just been letting us do that for him (which we definitely love and oblige to)...he walks, runs, trips and gets right back up and continues his exploring around the house...he is a curious and energetic boy in every way possible. His comfort and security in us grows every day and we get the sense that he now recognizes us and comes to us readily when he needs some cuddles. He is our son and our love for him grows deeper every day.
We ran into a small hiccup with the Canadian High Commission and processing of Desi's citizenship & passport applications. We are only the second family here to go through the C-14 process, which obviously has some kinks to be worked out, but all should be fine now that we & Robyn our learning through experience. This is all new for the High Commission as well, so patience on both ends is definitely required. (For the families on the FFSA chat group, I will elaborate more when I'm back home, so that future errors/delays can be eliminated or at least minimized.) None the less, we are meeting with Robyn this morning to get all the paperwork sorted out and sent off to Pretoria...which I will have to go visit the High Commission in person and interview with a staff member, as I am the one that was confirmed in Part 1 of the CIC application, in order to obtain the temporary Canadian Passport for Desi to travel back home on. We're cutting it a bit short, but we will have the passport in hand before we leave on Feb. 3rd...I hope. Worse case scenario, we stay an extra couple of days before heading home.
Although we are having a great time here in South Africa, I am beginning to miss home, our family and friends...but not the cold and snowy weather you've been getting back home...brrr! Anyways, we'll try and post one more time before heading for the bush on Thursday...can't wait!!!
We ran into a small hiccup with the Canadian High Commission and processing of Desi's citizenship & passport applications. We are only the second family here to go through the C-14 process, which obviously has some kinks to be worked out, but all should be fine now that we & Robyn our learning through experience. This is all new for the High Commission as well, so patience on both ends is definitely required. (For the families on the FFSA chat group, I will elaborate more when I'm back home, so that future errors/delays can be eliminated or at least minimized.) None the less, we are meeting with Robyn this morning to get all the paperwork sorted out and sent off to Pretoria...which I will have to go visit the High Commission in person and interview with a staff member, as I am the one that was confirmed in Part 1 of the CIC application, in order to obtain the temporary Canadian Passport for Desi to travel back home on. We're cutting it a bit short, but we will have the passport in hand before we leave on Feb. 3rd...I hope. Worse case scenario, we stay an extra couple of days before heading home.
Although we are having a great time here in South Africa, I am beginning to miss home, our family and friends...but not the cold and snowy weather you've been getting back home...brrr! Anyways, we'll try and post one more time before heading for the bush on Thursday...can't wait!!!

Cas The High Commission thing in my mind is Total BS!!I feel the Canadian Coverment has totaly droped the ball on this one not every adoptee has the Time that you guys have had out there and you say there is still a possibilaty of delays all this paper work at this stage of the game should be resolved by regesterd Mail not at the adoptee's added exspence of having to travel to Pretoria in my mind this is not exceptable Cheers Dad
ReplyDelete