Yeah...Desi finally got his passport issued today and we'll have it in hand tomorrow at 9:00 am...talk about cutting it close, since we leave for the airport at noon!!! The whole process was trying at times...talk about having patience. I will work with Robyn here to ensure future families have some guidelines to go by with the whole new C-14 process. For any families considering this route, if you can not commit to at least 4 weeks here, I wouldn't recommend this route...at least not yet. I feel that after all my research on this process that I'm ready to apply for a job at the Canadian High Commission :-)
Anyways, we're excited to be finally heading home and seeing our family and friends whom we have missed dearly. At the same time, we're sad to be leaving beautiful sunny South Africa and all of its beauty. Especially to Janet, Courtney, Warren & Sam, Dave & Candy, Ilse and her family and Anna for all her help around the house. We have done so much in these last 5 weeks that it's hard to believe that we have been away from home so long.
I know we haven't posted too much in the last couple of weeks, but maintaining the blog for 5 weeks has been a bit of a challenge especially when you have so many other things on your mind. It definitely was easier for Maddie's blog, which only required 2 weeks of logging.
Desi has been adjusting very well these last couple of weeks and the real test will be when we get home and introduce him to cold and snowy February weather...and Milo who will be eagerly checking him out I'm sure for the first couple of weeks.
Well, one more sleep till we leave...I have to prepare my list of receipts to claim my VAT tax refund on goods being taken out of South Africa, similar to the GST refund offered to non-Canadians upon departure from Canada.
Lots of love to all and we'll see you all very soon.
Cheers from South Africa,
Cas, Lisa, Maddie and Desi
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Travelling to S.A.
We're so excited to be able to share our journey with our family and friends. Your continued love and support means the world to us!

No comments:
Post a Comment